A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
Thought of the Day
When was the last time you took a test? Most of us are out of school but some of you are in school wondering what this “new school year” is going to look like. Good luck with that. I come from a whole host of educators. My grandmother was a teacher. So was my aunt, my sister, my wife, my daughter, and my son. (Maybe that is why they always seem to be correcting my grammar. Plus, I do seem to get my name written on the chalkboard in our den a lot.)
So today I am going to ask you some questions. In my spare time I have been working on some youth Sunday School lessons. I enjoy teaching and am always working on finding interesting things to share with the youth. I found a list of fifty questions concerning faith and life that are great. I am going to ask you six of them and urge you to write down your answers and in the days and weeks ahead, revisit these questions and your answers. Your answers might change a bit and that’s OK.
- What is one gift you have that you could use to build the Kingdom of God?
- What is one risk you think God might be calling you to take in this season?
- What is one area of your life that you’re still working with God to find healing in?
- Tell about a time a tough situation ended up being a blessing in disguise.
- What is one trait you wish Christians would embrace more?
- What is a bible verse or inspirational quote that has been meaningful in your life?
Good luck. Your first take home exam in a while. Find someone to share some of these answers with. Feel free to share them with me if you like.
Lord above. Help us to keep You in the center of our lives. Amen.